The short answer would be: It was a blast!
The long answer? It was a blast! I got to meet the hottest babes in town, watch them take their clothes off for photo-shoots, attend the most happening parties in town, receive cool freebies every other day, and even travel the world. And oh yeah, I actually got paid for such “work”.
Any downsides, you ask? Well, sometimes there were too many parties to attend that I actually had to skip some. And usually there weren’t enough pages to fit in all the babes every single month.
And although I’ve left the job for more than 2 years now, I still get babes calling me and asking if I could feature them in the mag. What do I do when that happens? Well, I usually get them to pose for my own camera then tell them, “Oops, actually I don’t work there anymore lah”. Of course I’m kidding! Haha!
But seriously, it was a great gig to have; the biggest challenge being how to tone it down for the Malaysian market. REALLY, REALLY tone it down, if you know what I mean. So much so that I’ve fully mastered the art of doing a sex feature WITHOUT mentioning the word "sex". It takes great skill and creativity, I tell ya.
Anyway, here are my 5 Favourite Moments as Editor of FHM Malaysia (2003-2005)
5. Spent five days at Club Med Maldives for a travel piece. Great sights, great food, and the handphone didn’t ring even once!
4. Met the Pussycat Dolls in Bangkok. And I swear Nicole gave me the eye…
3. Shot wonder twins May & Choy for the cover. You should see the pics that WEREN’T published. Mmm…
2. Launched the New & Improved version in early 2005. It’s a magnificent issue and I have no problems saying it so.
1. Visited the FHM headquarters in London!